Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spring Cleaning

This is such a small town.

This afternoon, after spending the day cleaning the interiors of two cars, I decided to gas up the SUV for the week ahead. As I crossed the river headed towards the Shell station in the rock I noticed a black BMW Z3 in my rearview mirror. He followed me into the gas station.

This guy looked really familiar.

He should be. He’s the guy with the Yappy Hour band. In fact, he is the actual Band Director at Ellicott Mills Middle School. His name is Rich Roberts.

I asked about his Z3. He told me it was a ’97 (I think) and had about 94,000 miles on it.

“Garage kept?” I asked. This car looked pretty clean.

He said it wasn’t. He says he drives it as his everyday car, even through this past winter. I told him about my other car. We both agreed that once you’ve driven one of these cars, you have a hard time giving it up.

I’m having a hard time giving it up. Since I’ve got my Beemer back on the road I’ve been falling back in love all over again.

I also told him about forgetting the name of his Yappy Hour ensemble.

“What was that name again?”

“Try this,” he replied.

See Dave, they do have a name.

0 comments: