The prognosis is in. The repairs to the BMW will run just over $1,200.00. While this may seem high to anyone who’s never owned a German sports car, I can tell you that it is on the low end of what I had anticipated. Danny Grant called me yesterday and told me that the car will be ready today. Decision time approaches.
There is another twist to this car dilemma. I neglected to point out in the previous post that the BMW was my mother’s car. When she passed away a little over six years ago, I purchased the car out of the estate. It had 14,000 miles on it at the time. She had waited until she had successfully raised seven kids, largely on her own, and was in her late seventies before purchasing a sports car that she had always wanted.
This of course only further complicates my decision process.
On the other hand, my very practical mother would undoubtedly advise keeping the SUV and offing the Beemer.
For now, I’ve decided to enjoy the car for the rest of this month. This is a great time to enjoy a car like this and that is exactly what I intend to do. Decision deferred…for now.
Did Bonaparte Close In Savage? Bakery Down?
14 hours ago