Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Strange but True

I’m beginning to get the hang of using my new smart phone though I have gone through a bit of an adjustment period. It is a far different experience from my last phone. This phone demands a more complex relationship with me.

The most outwardly notable accommodation I’ve made so far is wearing one of those cyborg looking earpieces. No longer will I cast a judgmental look at those who wear them constantly throughout the day as a fashion accessory. Now I understand. It’s a pain and a hassle to turn the thing off and on even with the fancy Jawbone headset the Verizon guy sold me. It claims to use military technology to eliminate noise. It does a good job too. Mama Wordbones tells me she can hardly hear me.

There are a few glitches on the data side too. Yesterday when I pulled up Jim Kraft from my contacts, I got his name and information but Gail Bates picture.

And they say politics makes for strange bedfellows.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but you should have gotten an iPhone. I think it'd be a better fit for you.

Apple gives you a walled garden and fewer choices, but their technology just works, and they'll fix it if it doesn't.

If you'd like, we can trade, I probably should have gotten a droid.