Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scene This Week In…

There was a time in Columbia, not that long ago it seems, that covenants were enforced with vigor. All it took was for and HRD exec to notice something out of compliance and bingo bango bongo the offending property owner was notified and the problem was corrected.

That is no longer the case. I don’t know whether this is a result of the demise of The Rouse Company or the indifference of the Columbia Association. I do know that enforcement is not what it once was.
Case in point is this window repair job on the Hanmi, Inc. building on Dobbin Road. The tape job on these windows is over two years old. I am willing to wager that this violates the covenants but nobody seems bothered by it.

Life in the second best suburban community in the country can sometimes be summed up in a picture. The other day, as I was about to sit down to a solo dinner on my patio, I cracked a smile at my place setting. A glass of wine and a Chick fil A sandwich. Now that’s living large in the Burbs.
blog comments powered by Disqus