Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nobody’s Home

My neighbors asked me to keep an eye on their house while they are away for a beach vacation. This is generally a simple task that involves no pet duties, only a watchful eye.

A couple of days ago I noticed a card stuck in their front door. Nothing says nobody’s home to potential burglars like newspapers piled up in the driveway and cards stuck on the front door. When I went to retrieve it I saw that it was from Bob Flanagan who apparently was campaigning in our neighborhood the other night while I was drinking beers in downtown EC with HoCo Rising.

Now I don’t expect much from the cleaning services, yard care companies, delivery guys and so on who leave these notes when someone isn’t home but I would expect a little more discretion from a political candidate.
blog comments powered by Disqus