Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Book Please

I finished the first of my summer reads this weekend. Though I really enjoyed the book, the ending choked me up, sort of like what happened with Marley & Me. I highly recommend The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, particularly if you love dogs. I put it up there with another of my favorite books written from a dogs perspective, Timbuktu by Paul Auster.

Of course that leaves me momentarily bookless. I do have a stack of magazine articles to work through but nothing beats a good book. As the saying goes, outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend, inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.

A big old wag of the wordbones tail goes out to my sister Pat for the Garth Stein recommendation. Anyone else read a great book lately?
blog comments powered by Disqus