Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back to School

Last night I met up with HoCo Rising for a couple of beers in Ellicott City. I like Tom and I enjoy the opportunity to banter with another astute observer of the HoCo politico scene.

Perhaps one of the more intriguing discussions we had was about the school board. I often feel that there is not enough coverage of the school board elections even though the school system consumes about 60% of the counties’ budget dollars. This lack of attention results in a guy like Allen Dyer getting elected.

I resolve to do better job this time around. I told Tom I want to spend more time taking a hard look at the school board candidates and endorsing those who I believe will serve the county and our students well. One Allen Dyer on the board is one too many.
blog comments powered by Disqus