Monday, July 05, 2010

Day Off

I took the day off from blogging yesterday. It was the first time in a long time that I didn’t put something up on the blog.

I was otherwise occupied.

For the past four years I have hosted a neighborhood gathering on the 3rd of July. It’s an early evening affair with adult beverages for the adults and ice cream for the kids. Most neighbors bring a desert to share too.

This year the last guests left at 2:30 AM. Mama Wordbones and I didn’t get to bed until 3:00 AM. That’s a little late for this old dog, especially considering that I had gotten up early that day to begin preparations for the annual affair.

Yesterday my energy was spent. We attended a pig roast in the afternoon and that finally did me in. By the time the fireworks went off last night I was crashed on the couch.

This morning we got up and finished the last of the cleanup. The screened room floor has been scrubbed, the red white and blue bunting has been packed away and the various serving trays have been returned to the various neighbors. I have fully recovered.

Now it’s back to regular blogging.

Happy 5th of July.
blog comments powered by Disqus