Monday, October 31, 2011

Scene This Week In…

It has been awhile since I’ve updated the STW pics in the right hand column. There is a reason for that of course. I just don’t want to throw any old thing up there. I try to make these pictures at least mildly interesting or amusing.

And there has be two pictures, from two separate parts of HoCo. When I originally conceived this idea I was going to limit it to Columbia and Ellicott City scenes.

I don’t do well with limitations, particularly the self imposed kind. This time around the scenes are from Savage and Ellicott City.
The Savage scene comes courtesy of my Biz Mo colleague, George Berkheimer. George spotted this new Parks and Rec sign on the recently reopened Patuxent Branch Trail and emailed it to me.

Who knew that nudity was a problem on HoCo trails!

George speculates that it may have something to do with the popularity of the Savage waters for swimming and cavorting.

“I suppose some people don't bring swimming suits and just strip down, but I haven't seen it myself and also haven't inquired about the reason for that particular prohibition yet.”

I note that in the graphic that the female figure is only holding the bottom portion of a swimsuit. Does this mean it’s okay to go topless?

Keeping with the same theme, I spotted this bumper sticker a car in the parking lot of Ellicott Mills Middle School last week. According to this article by Chris Mercer in Beverage Daily wines that depict an animal on the label tend to sell more to the "younger, fun-seeking consumers.". I wonder if a suggestion of drinking in the buff works the same way?

No matter, you can’t do either on the Patuxent Branch trail anyway.
blog comments powered by Disqus