Monday, October 10, 2011

The Minority Report


At his fundraiser yesterday, Repub Senator Allan Kittleman lambasted the congressional redistricting map that has been proposed by the Democratic leadership in the General Assembly. “It splits communities and that’s wrong,” he told his assembled supporters.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a congressional redistricting map that didn’t strike me as ridiculous. Call me a cynic but I have seen enough of these efforts to reaize that this game will never change, no matter which party holds the crayons.

This has never been about governing or keeping communities together. It’s always about winning.

I also spent some time talking to the counties lone Repub on the council, Greg Fox. We spoke about a bit about the school board overhaul that the exec is pushing. “I haven’t talked to anyone who thinks this is a good idea,” he told me.

I think he’s right about that. Whenever I’ve mentioned that I think the entire school board should be appointed people have looked at me like I have two heads.

That’s how former school board Diane Mikulis reacted anyway. She was at Allan's picnic too. Diane says that appointing school board members is going against national trends.

Whatever, I still think this passes. If Ken can this this approved by the county delegation to the General Assembly it passes. Right now I’m counting that vote as 7-4 in favor with the vote going pretty much along party lies with the exception of Liz Bobo. I say Liz votes against it.

As I was getting ready to leave Steve Adler introduced me to Daniel Bongino, a Repub who hopes to unseat Senator Ben Cardin. Good luck with that Dan.
blog comments powered by Disqus