Monday, October 17, 2011

Take a Hike, Have a Muffin


Somehow I missed the news that The Breadery had relocated from Route 40 to Oella, even though the August move was more than adequately covered by both HowChow and Ellicott City Patch.

So, when Peanut and I were biking up the Trolley #9 Trail outside of Ellicott City yesterday, I was surprised to see their new location just off the trail.

I’m a big fan of Mike Lanasa's stone milled breads. When he first started baking in HoCo over 15 years ago I regularly stopped by to pick up his muffins and sweet breads. In fact I liked them a little too much. I had to curb my Breadery habit before I ballooned out of control.

His new location however just might bring me back to those sinful pleasures like his apple cinnamon muffins. I figure that if I take the approximately mile and half hike up the trail from the Trolley Stop in Ellicott City, I can reward myself with a baked good and a cup of coffee. The best part is that the walk back is all downhill.

Ironically, his new location Oella is actually closer to my Ellicott City home than his old Ellicott City location. It’s also pretty close to one of the best butchers around, J.W. Trueth &Sons.
blog comments powered by Disqus