Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Motherboard Mambo

When my laptop imploded earlier this month I fully anticipated that the repair situation was going to be stressful and it certainly lived up to my expectations.

The first diagnosis was a failed DVD drive but a new DVD drive did not resolve the problem. The next suspect was the motherboard and so that was replaced as well yet the problems persisted. As a last resort, the hard drive was replaced and that seemed to do it.

At least for a few days anyway. Before long my computer blues returned and I was no longer able to connect my network cable at work.

Today I got another new motherboard.

The good news is that when I purchased this machine I bit the bullet and signed up for the extended warranty that covered everything but my personal angst.

It was a close call though. The warranty expires at the end of next month. 
blog comments powered by Disqus