Thursday, June 11, 2009

What is this Thing?

Back on May 4th, as I was driving through the intersection of Roundhill Road and Doncaster Drive in Ellicott City, I spotted this odd looking contraption. It appeared to be a camera of some sort that was aimed at the intersection.

I asked the police cadet at the school crossing what it was.

“I don’t know,” he replied, “Someone told me it had something to do with the county roads department.”

The next day it was gone.

Later I emailed this photo to my man inside the county government to see if he could shed some light on this.

“I don't, but I've got my sleuths on it now. Should have some info for you soon...”

Then, on May 14th I received a follow up to my original inquiry

“We're still looking, but our highways guys weren't able to identify it. We’re checking with others in the county, too.”

Since then I haven’t heard anything and I haven’t seen this anywhere else. Anyone else out there have a clue?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a long, skinny space alien.
HH