Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Real Dive

Before heading off to Curacao earlier this month, I stopped by Columbia Scuba to buy a new snorkeling mask. Tim Gallagher had suggested that I might want to upgrade my fifteen year old mask since I was going to a place where the snorkeling was “incredible.”

I’m glad I did. I’m also glad I went to Columbia Scuba to buy it. Not only did they have a wide selection of snorkeling gear, the people working there really know their stuff and are passionate about their sport. Juan, the salesperson who waited on me, gave me some great tips for getting the most of our time beneath the waves with the fishes

Columbia Scuba opened in Columbia in July of 1986. Originally located in Town Center across from Princeton Sports, they are now at the corner of Hermann Court and Dobbin Road next to ABC Rentals. Bruce Farmer, the proprietor, began the shop while working in the insurance business and devoted himself to the enterprise full time after retiring a few years back

In addition to dive gear, Bruce also arranges diving trips to places like Bonaire, Cozumel, and Honduras. He even has a trip planned to the St. Lawrence River in Canada this coming July. 
blog comments powered by Disqus