Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dinner and a Movie

We saw The Kings Speech last night. Well technically the 4:40 PM show time was still a matinee which was cool with me because it was cheaper. Both Columbia movie theatres are currently showing the true story of King George VI and his speech coach and we chose the Regal Cinemas at Snowden instead of the AMC in Town Center.

I wonder if we made the right choice.

First of all, the theatre was packed, which surprised us. This movie was released in early December. I figured that by now most people who wanted to see this would have already seen it.

I figured wrong. We were lucky to get two seats without having to sit in the neck ache section.

Second, it was cold. I don’t know what was up, but the heat in the theatre didn’t seem to working very well. We kept our coats on. Mama Wordbones kept her gloves on too.

Despite the chill we enjoyed the flick. Afterwards we headed over to Café de Paris to indulge in their Restaurant Weeks offerings. This time I actually got to enjoy the food
blog comments powered by Disqus