Sunday, January 09, 2011

Verizon iPhone Imminent?

At a neighbor’s house today, while watching the Ravens whooping of the Chiefs, I picked up a rumor that Apple would be announcing an iPhone for the Verizon network as early as this Tuesday.

Then again, it may not happen until February 3rd.

Either way, it does appear that the days of AT&T’s iPhone exclusivity are numbered.

In a way, it’s almost anti climatic now. A year ago, I wouldn’t have hesitated to get a Verizon iPhone as soon as I could get my hands on one. Since acquiring my Droid X two months ago, not so much.

The guy who hosted the neighborhood gathering for the game today actually works for Apple. He has an iPhone of course but he didn't have the NFL mobile app. That immediately took some of the luster off of the iPhone for me.
blog comments powered by Disqus