Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hunkering Down


By all indications we’re in for a significant snow event this evening. Already we’re getting a mix of freezing rain and snow on our hill in Ellicott City. About twenty minutes ago we experienced thunder and lightning.

It’s good to be home.

Even better, the whole clan is home, safe under one roof.

Around three o’clock this afternoon I stopped by the Centre Park Giant. I thought I’d grab one of their rotisserie chickens for our dinner. It was a busy place. I was almost too late, there were only three left. I felt like I won the lottery.

I expect that it’s even busier now, but I wouldn't know because I'm not venturing back out there anytime soon. We’re hunkered down, with our larders full, all humans and animals accounted for. Bring on the storm.
blog comments powered by Disqus