Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Little Help from My Friends

I have plenty of things I want to write about right now but I just haven’t had the time. My real world job has been particularly demanding of late, not to mention the aforementioned tussle with Japanese Beetles.

Before I write about anything else though, I want to give a big shout out to James P. Howard II. Thanks to the wizardly skills of James, Tales of Two Cities is now hooked up with Disqus for commenting. This is the same platform employed by fellow HoCo blogger, HoCo Rising.

James and I met at the Shipleys Grant Starbucks this evening with our kids in tow. James had his 10 month old boy, Kermit and I was accompanied by my almost twelve year old daughter, Peanut. Kermit has the attention span of a gnat. While James worked his wizardry with the website I made funny faces and gestures to keep him somewhat amused. Peanut was content to sit by herself with her Mocha Frappuccino and her book about monsters.

While he tinkered away we talked a little of local politics. He thanked me for the endorsement of Mary Kay but chided me a bit for my support of Dennis Schrader. James is a big fan of Jen Terrasa. I can’t seem to get away from her lately.

I did suggest to James that Jen will be tough to beat. The Dems have gerrymandered District 3 into one of the strongest Dem districts in the county. Anyone with a (D) behind their name has huge advantage out of the starting blocks, even in a year with anti incumbent fever.

About the time my entertainment of Kermit had run its course, James had finished up with the install. Soon enough we were in the parking lot heading our separate ways.

How about a comment or two just to see if this thing really works now?
blog comments powered by Disqus