Monday, June 14, 2010

Gaming

After writing this post about a supposed poll that showed Bob Flanagan with a significant lead over Courtney Watson, I was told by someone that I fell “for the oldest trick in the book.”

Huh?

Oh yeah I get it, if you are challenging an incumbent it helps if you can create some positive buzz about your candidate. Money and support flows much easier to the challenger that appears to have a chance of winning. My information came from a trusted friend who I seriously doubt would try to game me on something like this.

I called him today and asked if he had actually seen that poll. No he hadn’t. He had heard about it from someone else.

So I started wondering, who’s gaming who?

I’m not saying that this polling information is false. I’m only saying its suspect. I decided that from now on, I will only reference polls that I’ve actually seen. No more poll games.

1 comments:

Bob O said...

Is this guy from South Carolina?