Friday, June 18, 2010

Playing Hooky

It was one of those rare occasions when the stars were perfectly aligned in my favor. Yesterday Jim 1 asked if I could get away for a round of golf today. I had one 9:00 AM appointment on my calendar and the balance of the work day was a clean slate.

“I’m in,” I told him, “as long as we don’t get started before 11.”

Jim 1 got us a 10:58 tee time at Hobbits Glen. That worked.

I should note here that I am not an avid golfer. In fact I usually refer to my game as golful. I do however enjoy spending four hours outdoors with good friends playing a game.

Today Jim 2 and HAJ rounded out our foursome. All four of us are about the same age and Jim 2 was only the only avid golfer amongst us. Jim 2 has already played at least once this week. It’s been over a month for me.

We couldn’t have picked a nicer day either. It was hot but not humid. There was a light breeze and the golf course was in the best shape I’ve ever seen it.

In the past I have been critical of CA’s management of HoCo’s premier golf course. It was only five years or so ago that many long time members quit in disgust over the condition of the course.

That certainly isn’t the case today. The greens were as green as an Irish spring. The course was in overall excellent condition.

Hobbits also enjoys an awesome natural setting. This means that players must often share the space with the full time residents.
It was a great day to play hooky. I don’t feel guilty at all.
blog comments powered by Disqus