Friday, February 26, 2010

I Haven’t Cried…Yet

The only saving grace during this miserable month of February has been watching the Vancouver Olympic Games. It has given us something besides the weather to talk about.

For some it has also been emotionally draining. According to this column by Lisa de Moraes in The Washington Post today, “Twenty-five percent of men who have watched the Vancouver Winter Olympics have cried.”

I wonder if that includes guys who are crying because they are being made to watch ice dancing with their significant others.

2 comments:

Young at Heart said...

Oh, come on. Admit it. Most of those men were crying because ice dancing is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What get's me is that this is the culmination of so many years of effort for all of these athletes. Let me tell you, just getting there is a victory in itself. I salute them.