Thursday, November 19, 2009

Good Coffee…Slow Service

As an acknowledged coffee addict, I always look forward to checking out a new coffee shop. Yesterday, after attending a construction progress meeting on our building in Emerson, I buzzed across Route 216 to Maple Lawn and the new Sidamo coffee shop.
Though it was around two thirty in the afternoon and there was only one other customer in the shop, it took almost fifteen minutes to get a regular cup of coffee.

I did get a chance to chat with the manager, Kenfe, while I waited. He told me that the beans are roasted daily at the shop in DC and brought out to Maple Lawn the next day. He ground the beans for my individual cup of coffee and then poured it in this contraption.

Verdict?

Good coffee, albeit a bit pricey. Don’t go if you’re in hurry.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Maple Lawn, and love their coffee - exquisite. But you're right, they are slow in many ways - slow to open their shop, slow to put up permanent signage, slow to give you a single cup of coffee. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the long run whenever retail picks up again, and shoppers just want to grab a quick cup of joe. I wonder how quickly they serve coffee in their DC location.

Innovate Your Way out said...

With that pricey space void of many customers, I would suspect they would also pay their landlord like they serve their coffee.

Bob O said...

Melitta coffe filters...they are the best alternative for drip coffee. www.melitta.com. Had them for years.

How does this jibe with the Monkees?

Bob O said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob O said...

Your new security posting caused me to post twice. I logged in as usual, and got the word verification wrong. I did the word verification again, and then got two posts. My face is red. Please delete one post. Thanks!

wordbones said...

Bob O,

Sorry about the new security measure. Over the past couple of months Tales of Two Cities suddenly became the target of several spam attacks. It was weird, the spam comments initially were all made on the Liz and Alan Show post and were all in foreign languages.

In recent weeks they started appearing on Planning Board Abuses Public post.

I finally got tired of deleting them and added the drunken letter security thing. It seems to have worked.

-wb

Bob O said...

No worries on the security sign in. There's a group of spambots targeting blogger comments to get free advertising. You seem to have come under fire. Thank the dark side of human nature.

By the way, the type of coffee filter you picture here was developed by the family of Michael Nesmith...who was a member of the Monkees.... Trivia of the week.

Unknown said...

Spent some time in Ethiopia...the coffee was fantastic. When I move to this area, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the find.