Monday, May 04, 2009

Big Deal in Broken Land

Google Alerts alerted me to a press release for a local company that has been selected as value added reseller for the Cray CX1 supercomputer. A local company selling supercomputers sounded like a big deal to me and since I wasn’t playing golf today I thought I’d pay them a visit.

Padova Technolgies is located in a suite of offices in the Broken Land Business Center on Gerwig Lane. Keith Fischbach, the president of the company, was gracious enough to spend a few minutes with me to tell more about his deal with Cray. He explained that the CX1 is basically an entry level supercomputer that can be configured to meet some of the high performance server and storage system requirements of his government clients.

I think I got that right. I asked Keith how many firms have this kind of relationship with Cray.

“There are probably only a handful of us in the country,” he told me.

That qualifies as a big deal in my book. Padova Technolgies has been in Columbia since August of 2001.

0 comments: