Saturday, May 09, 2009

Spring Picnic

Last night Peanut and I attended the Worthington Elementary School spring picnic. I was fully prepared for an evening of cold pizza and happy screaming kids. What I was not expecting was a wonderful evening listening to a steel drum band.

As we arrived at the school we were greeted by the Old Mill Steel Drum Band from Old Mill High School in Millersville. Old Mill is in Anne Arundel County but fortunately for us, Mike Miller, the band director, lives in Ellicott City and has two kids at Worthington. If you have ever heard these kids you’ll know what I’m talking about. They were great.

Many folks in Howard County are familiar with Barry Enzman and the amazing talent he helps develop year after year with the Glenelg High School Jazz Band. Until last night I didn’t realize that there was another amazing high school band director in our midst capable of similar music feats. These kids were good.

Don't take my word for it, see for yourself...


Enjoy!

1 comments:

Alicia said...

I graduated from OMSH in 97'. Always had fond memories of the music programs - they had a great jazz band too!