Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Browser Blues

This weekend I made the mistake of clicking where I shouldn’t have and ended up downloading the newest version of Internet Explorer. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing difficulty with this latest and supposedly greatest new thing from the folks at Microsoft

Apparently not, with 44 reviews so far on CNET, it has only averaged two out of five stars. Some of the comments include, “It's the browser that doesn't browse” and “After installing it I constantly got DEP exceptions. I was sending crash reports to MS almost every page visit.” 

I’m really getting to loathe those Microsoft crash reports

A couple of months ago I started playing around with Google’s browser, Chrome. It is much faster than Internet Explorer and the more I use it, the more I like it. I think Microsoft has finally pushed me to change my default browser.

3 comments:

Dave W said...

I've used Firefox for so long now that I don't even remember the last time I used Internet Explorer on even an occasional basis.

Anonymous said...

Firefox has so many (completely optional and easy to install/uninstall) addons and customizations that I don't see why anybody would use IE. Chrome is very clean (faster, and when one tab crashes the rest will stay up) but minus the addons.

Either way, don't waste your time with IE.

CJB said...

Get a Mac!