Thursday, October 01, 2009

Scene This Week In…

Symphony Woods is a pretty popular place these days, in conversations at least, as an actual gathering spot, not so much. Who knew that it was even closed?

Sure, driving by you could see the crowd control netting but my first thought was that it had something to do with the long delayed tree maintenance. Closer inspection revealed that the park is in fact “closed.” At least that’s what these signs attached to the fence say.


Suddenly CA is very concerned about Symphony Woods and I suppose that is a good thing. Still, “turf restoration” sounds more appropriate for a golf course than for a woodland park.



As if we didn’t need another reminder that we are entering into the cold months, I spotted this notice on the windows at Rita’s on Frederick Road in Ellicott City. After October 10th we will have to wait until the first day of spring next year to enjoy a Rita’s Italian ice.

If it weren’t for football I’d be very depressed.

1 comments:

ho.co.po said...

I heard that there is a Rita's somewhere in Laurel that stays open all year. Have you tried their custard? It's so rich, I have to get the kid-sized cup!

Have you heard of Bruster's? I think they're open all year. I've been wanting to try them but haven't gotten around to it. I've heard good things about their corporate culture. And really, what's not to like about a place that offers "doggie sundaes"? The only one I know of is in Glen Burnie near the Sunset, but obviously (link) there must be one in the Timonium area as well.