Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Favorite Coffee Shop

Regular readers of Tales of Two Cities well know that I love a good cup of coffee. Over the years I’ve written posts about Bean Hollow, Lakeside, Mad City, Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks. Though all have good coffee I tend to favor certain shops over others. My most recent favorite was the Orinoco coffee shop in Columbia until it closed earlier this year.

Since then I hadn’t really found a new favorite until I recently discovered the Little French Market in Ellicott City. This tiny café is tucked behind the Tongue Row shops facing the public parking lot.
When I say tiny, I mean tiny. There are no indoor tables which could prove problematic when the weather turns but for now the outdoor tables more than suffice.

The coffee is exceptional.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 hour until the conference call on Columbia's Downtown Master Plan and other Smart Growth redevelopment. Call in and listen: Dial-in #: 877-229-8493 Call-in code: 14787

Anonymous said...

I stopped in here yesterday and found it to be a very nice little shop - can't wait to go back. The ice coffee was refreshing and the pastries looked wonderful.