Saturday, July 02, 2011

Android Incompatible with HoCo Loco TV

A commenter to this post suggested that the embedding of video segments from County Council and Board of Education meetings isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

“If I can't watch these videos on my phone or even my computer without downloading a bunch of crap from Microsoft, they might as well not even exist.”

To tell you truth I didn’t think you had to download a bunch of crap to watch these clips.

Until I tried watching them on my Droid X smartphone.

It doesn’t work. All I get is a screen that says “To view this content, please install Microsoft® Silver Light”

Below that message is a bar that says “click to install.”

I tried that. It didn't work. Apparently, even though it is now the dominant smartphone platform, Silver Light doesn’t play nice with Android yet .

That sucks.
blog comments powered by Disqus