Tuesday, May 03, 2011

In This Months Business Monthly

It’s not that unusual anymore for my column topics in The Business Monthly to spring from posts I’ve written here. That was certainly the case this month when I expanded on my neighborhood thoughts in this post and combined it with the feedback I’ve gotten from my various Elkridge intermodal posts.

My position on this development has not been very well received in some corners of Elkridge, particularly those corners closest to the proposed Hanover site. A good friend even suggested that I take care not to breakdown in those neighborhoods.

Still, despite our differences, I still feel more connected to people in Elkridge than I do to people outside the HoCo borders. I realize that it is a progression thing. The strongest area affinity occurs in my immediate neighborhood and slowly decreases as I expand out to my town and then to my county. That being said, I still take pride in the fact that I’m a Marylander, a mid Atlantican, an American citizen and at the most extreme, an earthling. At each step along that path I share a certain commonality with folks who are otherwise complete strangers.

You can read this month’s column here.
blog comments powered by Disqus