Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dick Roast

Dick Story Celebrity Roast
The HoCo Chamber of Commerce is hosting a “Man of the Hour” Roast of Dick Story this Thursday. The recently retired CEO of the HoCo EDA will be skewered by his colleagues in the Spear Center in Town Center. Among those who will doing the skewering are Anirban Basu, Donna RichardsonMac Cassity...

...and yours truly.

Fortunately Dick and I have a long history together so I have ample material to work with. Though I count him as a friend, Thursday night I intend to show no mercy.

Post Note: I can tell that I've been stressed when I start getting dates wrong. The Dick Roast is actually tomorrow night, not Thursday night. My bad.

I think I'm a little over committed at the moment.

In addition to fighting the nasty little cold that's been going around I've been swamped with both writing stuff and work stuff. Over the past week I've been pulling together a script for the roast, hosting the podcast and facing the looming deadline for my column in The Business Monthly. At the same time I've been working on an increasingly complex deal at that has begun to take it's toll on my patience and humor.

I really don't have time to be sick right now.

blog comments powered by Disqus