Friday, October 15, 2010

In This Months Business Monthly

Ordinarily I would put up a post and a link to my column in The Business Monthly shortly after it goes online. This generally occurs within a week of the print publication of the paper. This month, when I went to check and see if it was up, instead of The Business Monthly website I got a message that said the domain had expired.

That didn't sound right.

At the candidates forum on Wednesday I ran into the publisher, Becky Mangus, and asked her what was up. She proceeded to tell me how someone had stolen the domain. The details are still a bit sketchy but it appears that someone, somehow, had gained control of the bizmonthly.com and then tried to sell it back to them. The paper lawyered up and got the domain back without paying the domain extortionst. There is obviously more of story here and I'll try to get more details and report back.

In the meantime, my column this month was inspired by the Halyomorpha halys, also know as the stink bug. This little insect from Asia has been the subject of many a column in recent months so it wasn't exactly an original topic. For me, it was divine inspiration. I was well past the deadline for submitting the column and sitting at my computer, wracking my brain to come up with something to write about,when a stink bug landed on my keyboard...

You can finally read this month's column here.
blog comments powered by Disqus