Saturday, December 03, 2011

Hot Time in the Old Town

By any measure you’d have to call last nights Midnight Madness celebration in Ellicott City a success. The weather was perfect, cold but not too cold and no wind. The streets were filled with people and music well into the night.
We arrived on Main Street after attending the Annual Holiday crafts show at the Howard County Center for the Arts.  I was admittedly less than enthusiastic about starting my weekend with a craft show but this was something that Mama Wordbones wanted to do and so I humbly acquiesced. As often happens, I was pleasantly surprised. It won’t take much to convince me to come back next year.

Colleen West, the executive director of the HoCo Arts Council said she expected anywhere from 500 to 600 people to attend this years event.

It wasn’t just crafts either; the centers galleries were also open. My personal favorite was the sculptures of Sarah Wegner in Gallery II. Her exhibit runs through December 16th, well worth checking out.
blog comments powered by Disqus