Friday, December 23, 2011

Even Santa Had to Wait In Line

The line at the Heavenly Ham store in Dorseys Search Village snaked out the door and along the sidewalk this afternoon. For many HoCo locos like me, getting a ham on December 23rd is just part of the holiday tradition. This ritual comes complete with its own unique hierarchy. Are you an A, B or I?

A's have people.
To their credit, the Heavenly Hamsters keep things moving pretty smoothly considering.The people around me were in good spirits too and that made the twenty minute wait go by rather painlessly. Instead of burying our heads in our collective smart phones, we engaged and shared a smile or two. I'm met a couple of new friends.

I was just thankful I didn’t get caught behind this guy. I can’t begin to imagine how long it would take to fill his order.
blog comments powered by Disqus