Monday, December 12, 2011

Cheap Eats


Last week I found out that the cafeteria in the Micros building in Columbia Gateway was open to the public. I was touring the building next door with a client when the building leasing agent, Dan Callihan, touted the fact that tenants in the building could just walk next door for lunch. This was news to me.

On Friday, my colleague Bill Harrison and I went back to check it out.

Java City, as the cafeteria calls itself, is located on the ground floor of the Micros building in Columbia Gateway. We made the mistake of trying to get in by the back door, closest to cafeteria only to find that it is card access only.

No problem, we simply waited a moment until some employees exited and slipped in the open door. If you’re not feeling that adventurous I’d suggest using the main entrance.

This isn’t a fancy place, it’s a cafeteria after all. That being said we were both pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, not to mention the prices. I had a shrimp etouffée with four nice sized shrimp for $5.79 and Bill had a turkey sandwich made to order for $4.75.

I don’t know that I would make a special trip to go back but it was a fun discovery nonetheless.
blog comments powered by Disqus