Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkeys of the Year

For the second year running, Washington Post columnist Robert McCartney, is celebrating the holiday by honoring the DC metro areas “Turkeys of the Year.” While he singles out notables such as Redskins owner Dan Snyder and former PG county councilperson Leslie Johnson for his roasted bird toast, no HoCo locos made his list.

I think our loco school board member Allen Dyer should've of at least gotten an honorable mention. How about the former board of the Domestic Violence Center too?

There’s still a chance for to celebrate our own HoCo loco birds. Thanksgiving is a good time to start thinking about the year end Dookie awards for the best and worst of HoCo as seen through the lens of the HoCo blogosphere. I’m hoping this early warning will help bring back more of the biting sarcasm of the 2009 Dookies. I blame myself for setting the gratuitous back slap tone of last year. I’ll endeavor to do better this year.

As in years past, I’ll kick off the 2011 Dookie nominations the day after Christmas, the perfect time to celebrate a season of overindulgence.
blog comments powered by Disqus