Monday, September 19, 2011

Jasons Deli Si, Pupuseria Las Delicias #2 No!

After reading this review on HowChow I was anxious to check out this food truck in the Guilford Industrial Park in Columbia. On the few occasions I’ve found myself in that neighborhood its either been too early or too late. This past Friday the timing was perfect. I parked my car along Gerwig Lane and joined the painters and landscapers in the cue for lunch.

Since reading this post on HoCo Connect I’ve been thinking about ribs. Once I caught a whiff of the ribs on the big black grill I knew what I was going to order. For eight bucks I got a half slab of pork ribs, a generous portion of rice, some beans, a small serving of pico de gallo and a warm corn tortilla.

It was awful. The ribs were overcooked, almost to the point of being inedible. The corn tortilla was dry and tasteless and I’ve had better beans out a can. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day but I doubt I’ll give it another shot. I almost chipped a tooth on those burnt ribs. The rice was good though.

Jason’s Deli opened today in the space formerly occupied by the Atlanta Bread Company in Columbia and the place was hopping at lunchtime. For seven bucks I got a Chicago Club sandwich on focaccia with chips. The sandwich was a little on the small side but delicious nonetheless. We’ll definitely be back.
blog comments powered by Disqus