Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday Night in the Man Cave

It was somewhat comforting to see that I wasn’t the only one who watched the debates and football last night. When Mama Wordbones walked by my office you could almost hear her eyes roll. I had the Dolphins and the Patriots going on the TV and the debate going on my computer. She retreated to the bedroom and her beloved HGTV channel.

Count me as one of those happy at the return of football.

I also enjoy the political gridiron and last nights CNN Tea Party debate was about as entertaining as politics gets. The whooping and hollering of the raucous tea baggers made it feel more like The Price is Right than a presidential debate but it was fun to watch nonetheless.

My favorite performances were those by Herman Cain and Ron Paul. When asked what he would bring to the White House, Cain replied “a sense of humor.”

Amen to that.

When Ron Paul was asked whether Governor Perry should get credit for the job growth in Texas under his watch, Paul replied “no” and then proceeded to point out that “taxes have doubled since he took office. Our debt has gone up nearly triple. So no -- and 170,000 of the jobs were government jobs. So I would put a little damper on this, but I don't want to offend the governor because he might raise my taxes or something."

Later on, when the Texas governor also said he was offended by Michelle Bachmans suggestion that he could be bought for five grand, I couldn’t help but wonder what number would not offend him!

Meanwhile on the television, the Patriots smacked the Dolphins around in Miami in the first game while the Raiders held off the Broncos in a squeaker of a second game. Honestly though I didn’t see much of the second game. A double header on Monday night is even too much for this avid fan.
blog comments powered by Disqus