Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Scene This Week In...

I’m really not a fan of bandit signs. They populate our roadsides offering everything from websites for singles to new home communities. Still, when I spotted this one on Snowden River Parkway in Columbia I had to laugh.
Say what you will about this form of low budget advertising but at least MBC Precision Imaging has added a different twist, or curve to the media.

As I was waiting for Peanut at Ellicott Mills Middle School the other day I happened to notice a new flag flying from the school flagpole. As I posted earlier, Ellicott Mills was honored as a Blue Ribbon school by the Maryland State Department of Education and nominated for a national award from the U.S. Department of Education.

Ellicott Mills is not the only Howard County public school to be so honored. Centennial Lane Elementary School (07), Clarksville Elementary School (08), Burleigh Manor Middle School (07), Clarksville Middle School (08), Hammond Middle School (09) and River Hill High School (08) have all earned this designation.

Congratulations to the faculty and staffs at all these schools. I hope you got flags too.

0 comments: