Sunday, December 20, 2009

Digging Out

All across Howard County folks are digging out of the Blizzard of 09 with the sun giving a little assist.
Around 10 this morning I dug out the Wordbones mobile and ventured down to Ellicott City. I had already reconciled myself to the fact that my usual fix of reading the Sunday was not going to be satisfied, I still hoped that maybe I’d be able to snag a decent cup of coffee.
I was rewarded for my efforts by finding the Little French Market open for business. I snagged four fresh muffins for the troops back home and got myself a large Americano. Life is indeed good.
Ellicott City was beautiful with the fresh snow covering the old town. Up and down the street merchants were busy clearing the snow from the walks to make way for holiday shoppers.

As I drove back up New Cut Road I ran into Joe Blanchfield, the owner of Columbia Oak Tree furniture. He was getting ready to head into Columbia to get his store open after digging himself out.
I hope everyone is careful out there as they extricate themselves from B09.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Handy plow tracking site:
http://snow2.co.ho.md.us/Index.asp

Does anyone know how to get the plan for plowing? Without a 4x4 with high clearance, no one is getting out of my area until they plow.