Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Shopping 08 Part 2

When I last left you at the end of Part 1, I was continuing the search for the surprisingly elusive Lazy Susan for Mama Wordbones for Christmas. After striking out at Williams Sonoma and Le Gourmet Chef, I decided to follow the advice of the very helpful clerks at Le Gourmet Chef and check out Crate & Barrel. Since Crate & Barrel does not have a local store I took my quest online.

As it turns out, Crate & Barrel doesn’t carry Lazy Susan’s either.

Now I’m getting frustrated so I go to Amazon. I’m thinking I gotta be able to find a Lazy Susan on Amazon. Sure enough, a Lazy Susan was available “in stock” from an Amazon partner, Organize.com, Inc. I ordered one. It would be shipped by December 15th. Perfect.

Or not.

Friday I received an email from one Ashley Pineda at Organize.com, Inc..

“Our apologies, due to a shipping or manufacturer delay we cannot ship your order at this time.

We expect the ordered product(s) to be available again in approximately 1-2 weeks. When the shipment is received, your order will be processed and sent out immediately. You will receive a UPS tracking number or US Mail confirmation the day we ship your order.

*******THIS ORDER IS NOT GUARANTEED FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON********”

This is beginning to get surreal. What is going on with the world’s supply of Lazy Susan’s?

And then I had an “AHA” moment. I’ll bet Oak Tree Furniture has Lazy Susan’s. I drove over to their store on Route 108 this afternoon.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of them sooner. If you have never been to this store you should really check it out. Joe Blanchfield and his wife Debbie run one of the nicest furniture and accessory stores in the Baltimore Washington corridor. It is a fun place to visit as well.

Joe and I went to high school together.

Anyway, they have Lazy Susan’s. I snatched one up and Debbie and her helpful assistant, Sam Adams, found a box for me and wrapped it up too.

Whew, at least now I can scratch that one off the list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone mentioned them in the comments from your first post.

wordbones said...

Anon 12:17 PM,

You are absolutely correct. I don't know how I missed that. Maybe I picked it up subliminally.

In any event, thanks to Anon 3:28 PM for the tip.

-wb