Tuesday, September 25, 2012

You Can’t Judge a Book by It’s Civility


This evening, while waiting for a friend at local watering hole, I struck up a conversation with the person sitting next to me at the bar. In relatively short order I found out that she was a teacher in the HoCo loco school system.

“I’d be interested to know what you think of the current school board race,” I probed.

“Well,” she said, “there’s at least one candidate I don’t think very highly of and would never vote for.”

“And who would that would be?”

“I prefer not to say,” she responded. “I’d prefer to keep that to myself.”

Fair enough. I was just about to compliment her for her civil political discourse when she added, “I do like that Dyer fellow though.”

And to think I  had  almost considered her to be a rational person…
blog comments powered by Disqus