Sunday, September 30, 2012

MSMF 2012


By any measure you’d have to label yesterdays Main Street Music Festival in Ellicott City a success. The weather was perfect, the music was great and the crowds showed up.

Since I live just a little over a mile from Main Street, I was able to make two visits to the festival. I first stopped down a little after noon, just as things were getting underway. I easily snagged a parking space on the street right in front of Ellicott Mills Brewing Company. From there I walked down to the B&O Stage. While listening to acoustic artist Brian Kelm I also chatted briefly with the representatives of CSX. CSX, along with Heavy Seas, Metanoia, Ellicott Mills Brewing Company, Indigo Ink and the Ellicott City Business Association were the sponsors of the event.



Back up at the Heavy Seas Stage in the Wine Bin Parking lot I caught the performance of Root Three before heading back home for awhile.

When I returned to Ellicott City around 4:00 PM there were many more people than earlier but I still found a parking with relative ease. It does help that, as an EC loco, I happen to know a few places that the casual visitor might pass by.
This time I dropped in on the Ellicott Mills Stage in Parking Lot D where Chris Wojtal and the Hilltown Getdown were performing. I noticed that the beer line was a lot longer than it was earlier too. On the other hand a beer line is always an easy place to start up a conversation with strangers. While patiently awaiting my turn I met a woman who told me that she and her husband rode their bikes to the festival from their home in Catonsville, a little over a mile away. I suggested to her that ride home, being mostly uphill, would be a little less fun.
Back across the street at the Heavy Seas stage I wrapped up the day listening to Dirty Secret, just as the beer ran out.

blog comments powered by Disqus