Wednesday, May 09, 2012

In This Months Business Monthly

As part of the research for my column this month I did a search of “Allen Dyer” to see how many times he was mentioned on my blog. It resulted in forty six posts since 2006.

I’ve had a long run with Mr. Dyer. I even made him the subject of a To2C Aprils Fools Day post. It was the best April Fools post I’ve done so far. It even fooled the working press, albeit momentarily.

As much as I dislike the guy I’ve enjoyed writing about him. He is one of those rare polarizing figures that make the loco politico stuff all the more interesting…and admittedly a bit fun.

Though I’m happy to see him off the school board, I miss having him as a target. No doubt he'll continue to try and stir things up but his antics from here on out will have lost some luster commensurate with his reduction in rank. He won’t be as interesting anymore. I’ll miss that.

I haven’t written much about Delegate Frank Turner but what I have written would not be mistaken for flattery. I’m not a fan. On the other hand, Frank holds a pretty key spot in the upcoming special session to raise our taxes. As chair of the Finance Resource Committee Subcommittee he’ll be in the thick of the battle over the expansion of gaming, the cure for all our fiscal ills.

When I spoke with Frank at Ken Ulman’s Maple Lawn fundraiser he told me that he didn’t have time to read the blogs. It’s okay. He probably wouldn't like what he sees here any more than he’ll like what I wrote about him in this months Business Monthly.
blog comments powered by Disqus