Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's Up


It’s a little tattered and the mounting bracket for the pole is loose. I debated for a moment whether or not I should even bother this year.

As I stood in my driveway and looked up and down my street I didn’t see a single one. Granted, it’s early. Memorial Day is still two days away. At the same time I'd wager that many other Memorial Day tasks like pool passes and picnic stuff have likely been taken care of before the flag even gets a thought, if at all.

I decided that a tattered flag on a wobbly mount was better than no flag at all. It only needs to make it through Monday night.

So it is up now and my street is no longer flag deficient.

One More Thing: As I sit writing this I wonder about the other streets in HoCo. Are others as flag deficient as mine?

If you are one of those who are still in town this weekend and would like to share with others, send me flag pictures from your corner of the HoCo hood and I’ll post them with your notes and/or commentary over the course of the holiday weekend. If you're game send your stuff to wordbones@verizon.net.

And One More Thing Two: I realize I asked for pics from "HoCo" hoods in the note above but if your particular hood is otherwise, please consider your input just as valued. You send 'em, with a note, and I'll post 'em. (5/27 update).
blog comments powered by Disqus