Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Scene This Week In…


When I dropped off my car at Benchmark Motors on Red Branch Road last week this classic roadster stood out amongst the Mercedes and BMW’s parked outside. I asked the owner Danny Grant about it.

“It’s a 1936 Ford Phaeton.”
It’s in pretty impressive condition. Danny told me that the car has been in the same family since it was two months old. When it’s not being attended to at Danny’s place it resides in a garage in Farside.

This past Sunday Peanut and I decided to have breakfast in Ellicott City before dropping in on the November edition of the Second Sunday Market. As we crossed back over the river from the Trolley Stop, a pile of red leaves stood out in an otherwise carpet of golden leaves. It was Peanut who got it first.
“It’s a heart!”

We usually look for the artfully stacked rocks in the water when we cross over the Patapsco at the gateway to Ellicott City. This time the art was on the shore. 
blog comments powered by Disqus