Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Old Dogs Club Part Two

As I have mentioned before, we have a special place in our hearts for old dogs so it came as no surprise when I received this book from my sister Pat last week.

It is a “tribute to old dogs, a celebration of their special virtues. All dogs profiled in this book were at least 10 years old when their portraits were made. If you ask which of them are still alive, our answer is: They all are. May old dogs live forever.”

Amen to that.

The book was written by Washington Post humor columnist, Gene Weingarten and photographed by Washington Post photographer, Michael S. Williamson.

And, before I forget, when I wrote about the old dogs in my neighborhood, I forgot to include Allie. Allie is an aging chocolate lab that lives part time in the house behind us.

0 comments: