Thursday, October 30, 2008

Firewater at the Old Firehouse

In a previous post I wrote about a rumor that a wine bar would be the new tenant of the former firehouse on Main Street in Ellicott City. The other day when I was checking out the 90 year old tree that knocked out power in the old town, I spotted this liquor board hearing notice on the old firehouse doors.
It looks like the new joint will be known as the Wine Bin. Their application for a full blown (beer, wine, liquor) Class A-1 license was approved at the Liquor Board hearing this past Tuesday.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of places to get drunk, does Wordbones or any of his readers know whatever happened to the planned Second Chance Saloon in Oakland Mills? Back during the summer, I thought the plan was for it to open in September, but I have not heard anything since and it is still not open....

I am just curious....

Anonymous said...

Never mind, I found out the answer myself.

http://www.lookingathowardcounty.com

Anonymous said...

Too bad they won't be open to celebrate Obama's victory.

Anonymous said...

They'll be open by 2016.

Anonymous said...

The latest information we have is that they are planning to open at the beginning of December.

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT! I'm glad to see something moving TO Main street instead of moving OUT. Hopefully this will begin a trend of lively, interesting places moving in and pushing out the plague of "Antique" (junk) stores that currently dominate the scene. Old E.C. could be a busy, youthful, high-energy strip with a great cash-flow!

Anonymous said...

The new Wine Bin store at the old firehouse is planning to open on December 5th for Midnight Madness. It will be a retail store carrying fine wines, liquors, and beers. I looked through the window as I walking by there yesterday and it looks promising. I chatted up some of the people working there and they seem very friendly and excited about the place. It looks like it will be a good addition to Main Street.

Anonymous said...

can't find a phone number to Wine Bin anywhere? Anyone know the number?Thanks

Anonymous said...

it's 410-465-7802.
or email: wine@winebinec.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the phone number!