Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Election Day 2008

I was standing in line at the main post office on Oak Hall Lane in Columbia today when I noticed that the guy in front of me was holding an absentee ballot.

“You voting today?”

“Yeah I’m going out of town so I’m sending in my absentee ballot.”

“I’ve thought about doing the same but not because I’m going out of town. I’d do it just to put the whole deal behind me. The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that I actually enjoy going to my polling place. It is that whole sense of community thing.”

He agreed. He said that if he wasn’t going to be out of town he’d probably wait until November 4th. That being said he admitted that he was relieved to be done with it as well. He said the drawn out primary season had given him a bit of election fatigue.

I heard that too.

0 comments: