Thursday, April 07, 2011

Dog Day Afternoon


Whenever I drive past the Wine Bin in Ellicott City, I look to see if Chloe is lying by the door. Peanut does the same. It just makes us smile when we see her.

There she was today, a little beyond the doorway, lying on the brick pavers warmed by the sun, an honest picture of contentment.

As passed by and headed down the street it occurred to me to go back and take her picture, besides, I wanted to see if they carried Black Ankle. I circled back and snapped a picture of the dog on the sidewalk in the sun. For a moment I wanted to be her.

As it turns out they do carry Black Ankle. I snatched up a couple bottles of Rolling Hills. Black Ankle is proof positive that Maryland can produce a decent red wine.

This evening I’ll be dropping by Calvin Ball's fundraiser in Shipley’s Grant. I like Calvin and so does just about everybody I know. That kind of broad based type support presents him with some interesting options in the event he has any thoughts of a higher office than councilperson…if ya know what I mean.

And lastly, my Intermodal Insanity post generated quite a bit of heat. I get that. There is a good deal of bad or incomplete information floating around that is fanning fears of the unknown. My motivations have been called to question as well.

That response deserves a post of its own, so stayed tuned if you’re interested. 
blog comments powered by Disqus