Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

There is just something indescribably refreshing about these early spring mornings when the sun is shining and the grass is as green as it gets. Though most trees are still bare, the ubiquitous Bradford Pears are just hitting their stride.

With HoCo schools out for the first day of spring break I decided to work from home this morning. I began the day with a short trip down the hill to Ellicott City for my morning caffeine fix. That’s where I ran into Mona at the foot of the path leading to the Good Life Market. I also ran into Randy, the market proprietor and commented on his newly painted pink fence.

“It’s for the Blossoms of Hope Cherrybration Celebration next weekend,” he told me, “I didn’t have anything else pink in the store so I decided to paint the fence.”

Good Friday marks the end of a pretty busy week for me. Today we will finish topping out the steel on our office project in Emerson. This is yet another seminal event in our office building construction. For the first time you can really get an idea of the form of the finished product. This is critical in marketing the project to prospective tenants like Northrop Grumman Corporation who is scouting the DC metro area for a place to relocate their corporate headquarters. It doesn’t look like they’re a prospect for HoCo though. According to this story by Derek Kravitz and V. Dion Haynes in The Washington Post, the aerospace and defense contractor has whittled their choices down to Montgomery, Arlington and Fairfax counties.

Later this afternoon I’ll be heading over to the Lakeside cafĂ© in Town Center for the taping of “and then there’s that…” at 1:30 PM. Our guest today is Stacie Hunt, the Executive Director of Leadership Howard County. If you’re in the vicinity, drop on by and maybe throw in your two cents when we walk around with the microphone at the end of the show.

0 comments: